Getting from the Airport to…
Emory University Area
- A ride-share typically costs $30-40 before tip and is much easier and faster than taking MARTA.
- It is possible to take MARTA, however: from the Airport station, take the Red or Gold line train North to Lindbergh Station (runs every 7-10 minutes) and transfer to a #6 Bus (runs every 40 minutes), which runs down Clifton Road, with stops in front of the conference center and routes through most major stops at the university (total travel time is about an hour). One-way fare is $2.50.
- A ride-share typically costs $30-40 before tip.
- Easier but a bit slower is to take MARTA. Take a Gold or Red line train North to Five Points Station. Transfer to a Blue line train East to Decatur Station. One-way fare is $2.50.
Getting to the Conference from…
Midtown Atlanta (4.6 Miles away, 15-20 minute drive)
- A ride-share costs about $15 before tip.
- MARTA’s #36 Bus runs from Midtown Station to the University every 40 minutes.
- Georgia Tech and Emory operate a free shuttle every 90 minutes throughout the day that picks up at Midtown Station on its way to Emory (and drops off at Midtown Station on return trips to Tech). Drop off at Emory is at Clifton Rd. & Gatewood Rd.
Emory Conference Center Hotel (ECCH)
- The conference center is a twenty-minute walk to/from the main university area.
- Emory’s free CCTMA shuttle provides regular free service connecting the Conference Center and the University.
- “On-Call” Shuttle: The ECCH has a six-passenger “on-call” shuttle that services up to one mile from the conference center, which includes locations on campus. Approach the Front Desk and the agents will radio the shuttle driver.
Decatur Square (2.5 miles away, 10-minute drive)
- A rideshare typically costs about $10-12 before tip.
- MARTA’s #36 Bus runs from Decatur Station to the Law School every 40 minutes.
- Emory’s free CCTMA shuttle provides regular free service connecting Decatur Square and the University.
*Thank you to Daniel LaChance for curating this information.